Sunday, October 4, 2009

I know I know. I'm trying

I fully realize how long I've been away from blogging. The truth is I've been exhausted. Too exhausted to write something meaningful. Meanwhile I know what I want to write about, but I need enough time and energy, and for those two things to exist at the same time, in order for me to get a blog together. I'll at least tell you what I've been up to lately.

I've been working hard in my first clinical rotation. I've been at Phoenix St. Lukes Hospital for the past 5 weeks and I have 3 weeks left to go. It isn't at all the setting that I want to work in, but it's necessary in order to graduate. I have learned some things that I hadn't planned on learning and I've met someone who will hopefully be very influential in getting me my dream job...more about that at a later date. I know this is where God wanted me to be at this time because of things being put into place that I could never have thought I would run into at this hospital. After this rotation, I will be doing my next rotation at Healthsouth Valley of the Sun rehab hospital. It's a unit that sees a lot of spinal cord trauma, stroke, and amputee patients. It will be a very challenging rotation for me, but I know it will stretch me and teach me.

Away from school, Natalie and I are moving in 2 weeks! We are staying in the same townhome complex that we are in now, but we are upgrading to a bigger townhome. We love this place so much and the location is so perfect that we couldn't justify leaving this area right now, but at the same time we are bursting at the seems in our current place. Our current townhome is just over 8oo square feet and it's a 1 bedroom/1 bath. Inside that one bedroom is our bed, 2 desks, 2 book cases, and our dresser. If you're imagining a tight fit, you're right. The new place is a 2 bedroom/2 bath, and is a little over 1200 sq ft. It also has a 2-car garage instead of just a 1-car garage. So my car can be parked inside now too! We started thinking about moving about 2 months before I left for Oakland. I talked to the front office and told them what we wanted to do, but we had a very specific idea of where we wanted to move. We had a block of about 4 townhomes picked out that we would want to move into if one came available. So we knew our odds weren't great for getting one that we wanted. But a couple days after I got back from Oakland, I happened to be going to the front office to pay rent and our sales lady took me aside and told me that one might be coming open, and it was right in that area that we wanted. Within the week it was finalized that it would be ours. So now we move in 2 weeks. It's at a perfect place in the complex. It faces the pool and is right by the mailboxes. I feel so fortunate that we get to move there. We are so happy that we can now have an office that is separate from our bedroom.

Besides that we both still work on the weekends at Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale. We are both in our last year of having to work in a restaurant on the weekends. Natalie graduates in 5 months and I graduate in about 10 months. We can't wait. It will be so nice to work in our professions and actually be getting paid for it.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yay for exciting things happening in our life! I can't wait! Love you babe