Monday, August 24, 2009

Almost There

As most of you know, I have been a medical intern at Oakland Raiders' Training Camp since July 26th. It's weird to think that I've been away from home for so long. I've been so busy here that it has seemed to go by really fast. I am now in week 5, which is my last week here. Saturday night will be my last night with the team as they have a home game in Oakland against the New Orleans Saints. Then I fly home Sunday morning. It's been a great experience. There have been some problems and frustrations along the way, but overall I have had a lot of great experiences and great stories that I can't wait to share. The NFL is definately a different operation from anything else that I've ever experienced. It has been a lot of fun to be a part of something like this though. Being on the sidelines of an NFL game is incredible. I can't wait to tell everyone about it. Until then, I have part of a week left to go. We move from Napa back to Alameda/Oakland on Thursday and Saturday is my last game here. Then no more living out of a hotel. I haven't seen my own bed in way too long. Most of all I've missed my incredible wife. I can't wait to see her and I'm already getting excited just knowing that it's close. I will update you all more soon and hopefully I'll have many pictures for you.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

aw....I can't wait to see you either! I miss you soo much!