Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Well...I know when I'll be back, but it won't be for a while. This is my last post from home. Tomorrow morning I fly out to Oakland where I'll then drive up to Napa for a tour of the hotel, practice fields, and the town. Upon arriving I will also be meeting the guys that I will be spending every waking hour with for the next month. I hope to be updating this as much as possible. I'm told I will have internet on night duty in the hotel when the players are in their meetings. I'm hoping to have pictures also, but we'll see. I don't quite know what the situation will be and what the day-to-day activities will look like. If you see a sportscenter story on the Raider's training camp, be sure to watch the sidelines to see if I'm wandering around somewhere. Hopefully I won't be doing anything stupid. I have a tendency toward bad timing.

I will really miss everyone. The realization of what is happening still hasn't set in. I can't believe that I'm leaving for this long. Please keep me in your prayers for safe travels and that my neck/head symptoms will not hinder me at all. That is my biggest worry. I'm going to have very long, hard days out there and I don't want those problems to get in the way.

So until later (don't know when), I will leave you with the fairwell from my favorite TV show that I will also be missing while I'm gone.

"Goodnight. And big balls."
-John Henson / Wipeout

No comments: