Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Speechless

This is not a joke. I repeat, this is not a joke. They really are selling Chia Obamas - and you can get them with the facial expressions of "happy" or "determined". I'm not quite sure whether to laugh, cry, shake my head in disbelief, boycott the chia company (which I already do as a matter of fact), boycott television for even running the ridiculous ad, or resort to heavy drinking in order to attempt to forget that I live in a country where people are so ridiculous that they would even consider selling this product - let alone follow through with selling it. Or even worse, let's not forget that some people actually buy this thing - yes they spend their hard-earned money on it. Or maybe people are buying it with the money they get back from the taxes that they didn't pay. I'm guessing that fantastic trinkets like this are the reason why they're poor. I would give you the website to go see it for yourself but, (1) refer to my boycott of the chia company, and (2) I think you could find it on your own if you really try hard enough.

No comments: